Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Opinions on ALTERA QUATRUS II functions

Status
Not open for further replies.

100ml

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hey guys im new here !
i wondering if anyone has been usin the quartus ii software from altera, and whether it support basic functionality of using switching technology, CMOS Tech.
:D

Re: ALETEA QUATRUS II

Hi,

Yes,

It supports TTL, LVTTL, Differential and CMOS also.

HELLO

I TRIED BUT IT USUALLY GIVES ME ERRORS AND IT DOESNT PROVIDE CMOS
MAYBE BECAUSE IM PROGRAMMING MAX700S CHIP

I guess, that are using MAX7000S family, cause it's the only Altera CPLD family with 5V supply (apart from MAX7000), that can't be programmed in circuit. According to device handbook, MAX7000S supports only TTL as a 5V IO standard, not CMOS, cause it would not reliable achieve CMOS minimum VOH level. With an additional pullup resistor, it can achieve the level.

So far intheory. I have been using MAX7000S with CMOS logic without thinking about this issue. Typically, MAX7000S has higher output level than specified and CMOS has lower input level. Whatever you regard suitable for your design, defining an IO standard in Quartus II has to effect on the device, it's just a validity check. You can select any IO standard you like, e. g. TTL (But selecting an unsupported standard prevents compilation of the design). Even with MAX II CPLD or FPGA, that have programmable IO pins, for single ended pins nothing is changed than drive strength, even with different IO voltage.

ALETEA QUATRUS II

thats right FvM, thats totally right
thanks bro
regards to u n muralicrl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back