Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

digital camera with image sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

grittinjames

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hai,

i having a image sensor 5.7 M pixel,

i like to make a digital camera using that.

how can i interface this e

help me plaeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

Hi,

It is very difficult, you may have to convert the sensor data into electrical signal and then digitize and store it in a memory.

It is really very tedious work, if you need more information, contact me.

All the best,

Muralidhara

Hi!

I also have a similar problem.
Can i use the vga image sensor that i take from a mobile phone?
It's a vga sensor, so it is less dificult to use, right?

The sensor is like this one:
**broken link removed**

Thanks!!

(sorry for if my english is bad)

what is the serial number of this image sensor

If it is a cmos image sensor (APS), then it is actually fairly simple if you have all the kit. You'll need to have at least the pinout of the chip you're wanting to use though.
A CMOS APS sensor will require a reset and shutter pulse to load a frame onto the array. You'll then need to rapidly read the data off the camera an ADC and somethig to generate addresses (and synchronise the read to the address change).You'll also need something to store the image on.
This is assuming you have optics in place, if not you'll get nothing other thean levels of grey.
I use a measurement computing ADC card to generate the addresses and sample (for slow spped aquisition), The operation is controlled by a c program.

It is fairly easy if you have all the kit, if not it is a very expensive way of making a camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.