Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hysteresis Curve of ferrite material

Status
Not open for further replies.

m.mokhtar

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
curve ferrite

Hi every body
I hope some body'll find an answer quickly for my question :
If I have only one hyseresis curve for aferrite core can I use that curve to get another curves for a different voltage amplitudes ( the voltage is sinusoidal ) ie I need many curves of hysteresis loop for the same material by knowing one curve
of the hysteresis loop.
best regards,
M.Mokhtar

Hi,
Did you find the answer for your question, even i want to do the same thing what you posted.Even i am trying to find the hysteresis curve for a soft ferrite core using jile atherton model.any help that you could tell me would be great..
I want to find a way to determine dynamic bh curve in matlab or PSPICE because i have to check for which parameters of the jiles model the bh curve is same as experiment

The file i attached is from a paper which will show the block diagram in simulink but did not end up in a bh curve.

Thanks

Hi,
For just drawing the B-H curve , the following link may be the answer :
Plotting Magnetization Curves
I am awfully sorry to tell you I do not know about using jile atherton model.
getting the curves will not be as useful as you expect (it is useful only for the saturation level) , I recommend you to download a book named "Practical Switching Power Supply Design" and start reading from page 67.
let me know if you want the required information to design a switching power supply ( I may recommend 3 good books for you and all of them you can download from the internet)
I hope this will help you.
M.Mokhtar

Status
Not open for further replies.