Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RFID card reader module interfacing with PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dani

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
data 0 data1 led/cs

Hello all,

I am into the project of Attendence system based on RFID Card reader. I have a common chinees RFID card read named as ERFID type 08A-26. On the back it has 6 wires i.e.

1- Red : Vcc +12v
2- Black: GND
3- White: Data 0/RX
4- Blue: Data 1/TX
5- Green : LED/CS
6- Brown: Beep

I am unable to understand with only this information that how can i interface this module with pc to see what number it reads from rf tag. Please some one have any idea then.

Thanks in advance

Hey Dani.,
I'm facing the same difficulty, but with a different reader.
I have a ID12 and I'm trying to figure out what kind of codes does the RFID tag gives by connecting the reader with PC.
But unfortunately with no success.

Please if you have got some hint or way for this let me know...

Thanx in advance

Just connect the +12 and gnd wires to a power source, and connect the TX on your card reader to RX on the PC serial port (pin 2 on the 9 pin 'D')

Fire up a terminal emulator (like Hyperterm), and you're all set. These readers usually are configured for 9600 baud, so make sure your Hyperterm is set likewise.

Now when you bring the tag close to your reader, the ID string would be displayed on Hyperterm. This ID is usually also printed on the tag.

Also, when a valid read happens, you'll get a momentary signal on the beep pin.

Regards,

Anand Dhuru

Status
Not open for further replies.