Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Is it possible to reconvert the scan flip flop to normal flip flop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snr_vlsi

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,

I know that DC does scan replacement i.e. convert a normal flip flop to a scan flip flop. But is it possible to reconvert the scan flip flop to normal flip flop.

I was given a design where in there were some scan chains which were detached and thus the design is having many scan flops. Thus, I want to convert these scan flops to normal flops. Is that possible. Is it possible for Design Compiler to do this.

Though I was successful in converting the remaining normal flops to scan flops and insert the scan chain for all the scan flops by DC, I still want to have the design where there is no scan flip flop and all the flip flops are normal ones only.

thx

snr_vlsi

all flop converted to scan flop dft

I don't think you can use the tool that way. You'd either have to start from scratch, and instruct the tool not to touch the flops you want unscanned, or just tie off the scan inputs of the flops you don't want scanned - or, do the replacement youself manually in the netlist. To me, it seems like starting over and doing it right would be the best answer.

John
for DFT talk/info go to:
DFT Digest
DFT Forum

replace scan flop with ord. flop

one method deserves consideration:
use perl script to process your netlist, replace the scan-DFF to non-scan-DFF.
But you need ensure how many types of DFF you have in your netlist before processing it, and use formality to verifiy the translating is correct.

Re: replace scan flop with ord. flop

Hi,

You can convert the unused flops back to normal flops in DC , and the tool does that automatically. The command for the same is "set_dft_insertion_configuration-unscan true".

All the flops which are not on the scan chains will be converted back to normal flop.

-cheers
vlsi_eda_guy

Re: replace scan flop with ord. flop

Hi,

You can convert the unused flops back to normal flops in DC , and the tool does that automatically. The command for the same is "set_dft_insertion_configuration-unscan true".

All the flops which are not on the scan chains will be converted back to normal flop.

-cheers
vlsi_eda_guy
how can we convert scan-clock gating latch back to normal clock gating latch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back