Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help me out with calculating SNR

Status
Not open for further replies.

roykyn

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Here is my Q....
i have discrete i/p X(n) and o/p Y(n).....
from the block diagram how to find the snr.....here Y(n) is kind of shifted X(n) with noise....
can i convert both to frequency domain and calculate snr...
snr=10*log10( var( X(n) ) / var ( ( X(n)-Y(n) ) ) )
i am not able to calculate var ( ( X(n)-(Y(n) ) )......because of the time shift....so any ideas....

Re: Calculate SNR

You can add 2 BP filters at the output of your system with filters having same bandwidth W and delay (e.g. same order for digital FIR filters) but centered respectively in band and out of band of your signal of interest, to separate the information component from noise and then you can perform power estimate over the 2 outputs to extract Signal + Noise and Noise powers for (S+N)/N estimate. Assuming that S and N are not correlated and White noise process you can subtract the power detected in the Noise band from the signal band power to get S/N: this is a raw estimate but it works (I used this technique to implement Squelch algorithms in digital receiver for voice communications).

Regards
Mowgli

Calculate SNR

hi
i found answer to this problem.....just shift and calculate...if anyone need matlab pgm message me....

Re: Calculate SNR

Yes please share with me a Matlab solution to the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back