Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS - how to plot the phase of reflection coefficient

Status
Not open for further replies.

nova

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I simulated a single cell structure (microstrip architecture) and I used the master/slave boundary conditions in order to produce a periodic structure. Also, PML set up was applied. Discrete sweep simulation was run in a number of frequency points within one range. After the simulation I tried to plot the phase of reflection coefficient vs. frequency by inserting a formula into the calculator which represents the above mentioned dependence ( formula: /(Integrate(Surface(Facelist1), Phase(Scalar x (<Ex, Ey, Ez>))), Integrate(Surface (Facelist1), 1)) ). However, after doing this, I do not know how to plot the results i.e. how to obtain rectangular graph with phase vs. frequency. Is there something wrong with my formula? How can I see the results?

Thanks in advance!

shouldn't the reflection coefficient for any ports be listed in the "create reports" section?

or are you finding the reflection of an arbitrary port?
also, you could define multiple ports on your schematic. in this way you can find the s parameters at that particular port.

I used the master/slave boundary conditions and PML set up was applied so there is no port on my schematic. I am trying to obtain rectangular graph with phase vs. frequency by using the calculator. However, after inserting the formula into the calculator I do not know which is the next step I should follow in order to reach the results.

Why don't you use a port (or 2 ports) to make the simulation and just follow the standard way to plot ang vs frequency for s11?

For normal incidence, you can use PEC/PMC as boundary conditions, instead of Master/Slave.
In this case, you set the design, and you can get the phase of S11 very easy. You have a commented example in:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back