Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to design a band stop filter for 75-120 KHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navya

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
can anyone suggest me how to design a band stop filter (passive)for frequency between 75khz and 120 khz. having attenuation of 60db.

I m very new to filter design.
Please help

thanks,
navya

design bandstop l-c pasive filter

I suggest you to download this book:

Analog and digital filter design / Steve Winder.-2nd ed.

7th chapter covers bandstop structures, but if this is your the first time to do filter design, you should read previous chapters.

You may find it Download section.

quartz crystal bandstop filter

You did only specify the stopband (if I understand right), you must also specify the passband, then it will turn out if this is a simple filter or a critical design.

bandstop crystal filter designs

Can you use a digital filter? Analog filter components could end up being rather large for this frequency.

Re: Band stop filter

Hello navya,

Use a quartz crystal band stop filter when a narrow band & low frequency filter is required... Moreover, center frequencies can be from 5 KHz to 600 MHz....

Nuhertz Filter Solutions, Filter Synthesis tool helps you to get the required topologies...Here is the link for download

www.nuhertz.com/

---manju---

Band stop filter

As FvM said, you have to specify passband requirement along with stopband requirement. It may turn out to be a very simple filter after you specify passband. As the frquency range you talked about and the stop band bandwidth, it looks like a LC filter to me.

Added after 1 minutes:

By the way, crystal filter is only for narrow band applications so it won't work for your requirement.

Re: Band stop filter

if you have MATLAB, check to see if you have the "Filter Design and Analysis Toolbox"; Type: fdatool at the matlab command prompt, it's a pretty good filter design GUI although its made for doing digital filters but you can get the transfer function

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back