Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Narrowband filter design with LC components....need help ple

Status
Not open for further replies.

ifelix

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm trying to design a passband filter working in 869MHz centre frequency with a slope that assures 15 dB min. attenuation at 50MHz away from centre frequency.
With a circuit simulator I designed a 3rd order Chebychev filter which could solve my problems. In particular I've made the filter giving to the components standard values because the circuit simulator gives me only ideal theoretical values. But the problem is that when I've introduced a design which takes in account the real components with parasitics and so on I've got a totally different behaviour form my net. There's moreover a big Insertion Loss.
My question is: is it possible to design such a narrowband filter with discrete LC components that gives me an acceptable IL and a slope like the one I need?

Re: Narrowband filter design with LC components....need help

If you want to know the feasibility of your filter with discrete components, try some tolerance analyses and simulations. Then you will se the characteristics changes. At one time I tried to calculate the filter for 865-868 MHz band, but the results were unfeasible, so I've decided to design only low pass filter.
Another possibility is to use a SAW filter. But it depends on your application, cos SAW filters are produced only for standard and often used bands.

Status
Not open for further replies.