Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Begining Visual C++.NET

Status
Not open for further replies.

1icarus1

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi there,

I have 3 years of C embedded programming and more enough in VB6. I got a C++Reference book (Herbert Schildt "The Complete Reference 4th Edition") in order to start with Visual C++.NET, but it seems

IIIIMMMMPPPPOOOOSSSSSSSSIIIIBBBBLLLLEEEE

for me to understand.

I have started a simple project with a text box a button and a serial port control and it is a real chaos!!!

Does anybody can show me the way?

Thanks,

Michael.

Drop C++ and use C#. It is the proper implementation of OOPs for the C programming language. 90% of .NET is written in C#, what does that tell you?

Yes,
these are the words that a friend told just some days ago. He also told me that C++.NET is one of the worst tools for doing fast and easy your job.

But, In my very small research I found that C++ is the only .NET tool for stand alone applycations without the using of the framework behind.

So, as a beginer I have to find a very good reason of choosing something or drop it forever.

Could you please continue with your reasons???

Thanks for your time.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back