Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Why the supply of ADCs is mostly 1.8V or 3.3V ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

firsttimedesigning

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
ok so for the power supply of an ADC most of them are 3.3 and 1.8V. but why? why not 1.9V? why not 2.0V? why 1.8V? i dont understand.

I am trying to design a comparator for SA-ADC. if my Vdd is 1.8V and Vss = 0 = gnd, how is the minimum input common mode range be enough? I mean I need something that can be as low as -0.5V assuming the input range if 1V, from 0 to 1V.

ADC again....

it is based on the technology we use... the supply is decided based on what the voltage range is decided based on various considerations like how much the technology can withstand etc....

ADC again....

To: firsttimedesigning
What circuit you are using for your comparator? can share here? i am doing it too.

Re: ADC again....

One of the batteries normally used in portable devices creates 0.9V. That is why you see so many times 1.8V (2 batteries in series), 2.7 (3 of them).

Don't ask me why 3.3, because that one I don't know :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back