Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multi-bits Sigma-Delta DAC

Status
Not open for further replies.

atran_zh

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
multi-bits sigma-delta

Hello everybody

Nice to join this forums. Does anybody has experience with Verilog HDL code for Delta-Sigma DAC. I have simulated the delta-sigma loop multi-bits for WLAN with Matlab
OSR = 4( Oversampling Ratio)
BW = 10 MHz ( Bandwidth)
The matlab simulation shows that the achieved SQNR for the case of MASH 4th order with 5 bits quantizer is 73 dB, whereas the required SQNR is 68 dB.
Now i must write the Verilog code for this Matlab block. I began with the first order, second order in Verilog HDL, but I see the simulation is totally different with the one from Matlab, the NOISE is NO SHAPED with the Verilog Code. And I am now looking to fix the errors, but it is very difficult, because I have very little exprience with digital-design.
Can anybody help me, or give some advices? Has anybody here the Verilog code just for 2nd order delta-sigma loop ??

Added after 1 minutes:

If you are interested, I can upload my simulation result with Matlab to the forum.

verilog second order sigma delta

this is a verilog code for first-order DSM , maybe it is helpful!!

Status
Not open for further replies.