Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

guide for installation of IC5141 USR5 on RHEL 5.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
site:www.edaboard.com redhat ic5141 libc.o

Thanks for giving very good tutorials for cadence installation.
whatever problem you faced
/opt/cadence/smTool03.00-s009/tools/jre/bin/java: error while loading shared libraries:
libpthread.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
this is because of one rpm is not installed on your machine.
glibc-2.3.4-2.39.i386.rpm. that's why libpthreadso.0 not found.

edaboard cadence ic5141 guide

newer version of glibc is already installed. i think i will try to make a link for it.
can you please tell me the exact location of the file libpthread.so.0.

thanks
hock

install ic5141

Thank you Somuch....

ic5141 redhat 5

Hi All!!

I could able to install ic5141base on RHEL5.1 X86-64 . but while launching icfb I am getting below errors.
any one help me to fix this error...thanks in advance....
/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

ic5141 on centos 5.3

"/bin/sh: error while loading shared libraries: libdl.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory ".
Well ,I have encountor this proprem.Any one can tell me how to resolve it ?
Best regards!

export_posix2_version 199209

Hi Hock!!

pls look over this issue!!!hey all give some idea to resolve this error..

posix 199209 cadence

Java issue:
Renaming the jre folder that comes with cadence and putting a link to the system java usually solves the problems.

Missing libraries:
Check on google which rpm/package supplies that file, extract that file and the links pointing to it and put it on any directory you like ex: /edasoft/libs
then in your config/src file add that path to LD_LIBRARY_PATH. You may need to get more files as that will be just one of the few libraries it can't find.

scientific linux cadence ic5141

Thank you hock for a very useful post. I am also trying to install IC5141 on RHEL5. I followed your steps, and everything seems to repeat, till I reach the configuration stage. I am getting the following
error:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Proceeding with configuration of lfvhdComp
LF_INST_DIR (/home/icer/icfb_5141/tools/leapfrog) does not appear to point at a Leapfrog installation
Please check value and re-install
configuration of lfvhdComp failed
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks,

rk

Added after 9 minutes:

I found the problem. I needed to create a link to tools.lnx86 --> tools

Thanks,

rk

install ic5141 sort

AA
i tried to install cadence on Centos 5.3 using the steps mentioned before but the problem was in step(7) Set posix compliance by typing "export _POSIX2_VERSION='199209'" in the above terminal

when i excute the command echo $_POSIX2_VERSION after excuting step 7 , nothing apppears and this means that it wasn't excuted

i don't know what is the problems ,so can anyone help me..
thanks in advance

unable to read media /cadence ic5141/cdrom1

if you do not get any message that menace that the command was executed properly. move on to next step.

hock

install cadence scientific linux 5.1

When I install IC5141 + IC5141 USR6 on RHEl5. I have encountered the following problem:
Determining available disk space
sort: open failed: +2: No such file or directory
Determining required disk space

and

Executing control programs (pre-load) ...
sort: open failed: +3: No such file or directory
expr: syntax error

SL-8: No information available on :.
Call the Cadence Customer Response Center (CRC) at 1-800-Cadenc2
(1-800-223-3622) to get the right /tools/ic5141/install/tmp/mediaMap.lnx86 file.

Then, I turn back to the Main Menu. I can not proceed the IC5141 installation
Please help me
thanks

install cadence tools in rhel

you have missed this step.

7) Set posix compliance by typing "export _POSIX2_VERSION='199209'" in the above terminal

run setup from this terminal only.

hock

ic5141 install error

Hi Hock,
I have already set export _POSIX2_VERSION='199209' in terminal
But could you please help me how to invoke "Open a c shell command terminal in /tmp/IC5141_lnx86.Update
What is the difference between a normal teminal and a c shell command terminal
I invoked a normal terminal and set export _POSIX2_VERSION='199209', but I still commit the above error.
When I type csh in the terminal, the next step export _POSIX2_VERSION='199209' is prompted "invalid command"
Thanks

install ic5141 rhel

use file brouser to go to the folder.
rt clikc and select open in terminal.
tou will get a command window with path set to the current folder.

you can also open a command window and then cd to the desired folder. then use the command
EXPORT_POSIX2_VERSION='199209'

ncompress rh5

Is that real ?
I've heard RHEL5's kernel cannot be compatible with IC5141.

what is ic5141

i have been using it for last 1 year without any issue.
make sure you are having usr4 and above.
use my procedure to install.

hock

install rhel5 on vaio cr series

hellow, hock I have successfully installed 5141usr5 on my rhel5.3 ,but when i run LOGLVS in the shell ,it inform me the following error,what can i do ,please? Thank you very much!
[cheeken@linux ~]$ LOGLVS
/Space/cds/tools/dracula/bin/32bit/LOGLVS: error while loading shared libraries: libm.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

rhel 5.1 file and locations

That's (most obviously) a missing library problem.
Try this on the console

Code:
yum provides libm.so.6

It will output a list of packages that provide that file. You will probably see lots of things about glibc.i686 and glibc.x86_64 so it means you need glibc, as root do

Code:
yum install glibc

Hopefully your problem with that file will go away but you may get some more errors about other files but the solution is similar.

why ld_library_path doesnot get set in rhel 5.1

You forgot to set the env var "LD_LIBRARY_PATH" in your cshrc file.

hock

cadence ic5141 usr6 linux compatibility

I have installed the glibc rpm and when i use "yum install libm.so.6" ,it tells me libm.so.6 has been installed

And i also set the LD_LABRARY_PATH ,but the error still, i think it may because the dracula can not run on rhel5?

Status
Not open for further replies.