Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How simulate sma probe connector in HFSS???

Status
Not open for further replies.

zhangm79

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sma probe connector

How simulate sma probe connector in HFSS??? how assign the wave port?

sma probe

Look at tutorial quickly. Or try it as a coaxial connector as follows. i think it also works.

1. Just draw a circle on ground plane about sma radius and subtract it from ground plane.

2. draw a cylinder on vacum about coax diameter and the circle you drawed on ground plane.

3. draw cylinder for coax pin at the center of cylinder that you draw at vacum and assign it to pec.

4. draw one more cylinder for probe from the end of coax pin that you drawed before with the radius of pin and same location.(elevation depend on your design)
Also assign it to pec.

5. Also draw a circle for wave port to the bottom of coax with the same radius and coordinates. and assign it wave port.

Thats all. others are related with boundaries and your choices.

Good luck.

hfss probe connector

thanks a lot. however in my design, the feeding port is inside the radiation boundary, i have tried this way, error show

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back