Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Small Signal Amplifiers

Status
Not open for further replies.

-jps-

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
CAn someone help me in designing this amplifier with a INPUT IMPEDANCE of 100 ohms, OUTPUT IMPEDANCE of 76 OHMS and a VOLTAGE GAIN of 60dB using a 2N22222 Transistors.

in the schematic diagram. What configuration will I use to construct the schematic diagram? ........................... i need suggestions of people here :cry::cry:

Like the millions of other schematics on the web, the input is on the left, the output is on the right, the positive supply is on the top and the negative supply or ground is on the bottom.

There are hundreds of schematic drawing software available but I use Microsoft Paint and copy and paste pieces from other schematics and from datasheets. Straight lines are made with the Shift key held down.

Sir, its too hard to understand and i am not yet familiar with the components in that schematic that you posted:cry::cry:. Im only a HighSchool student. Im need only a simple design with the designated specs above. :)

I understand, that you're asking regarding a suitable amplifier circuit with npn transistors (2N2222) only? I guess you have learned about transistor amplifiers before, so the normal way would be to review the stuff and find out, which circuit could be suitable. From voltage gain, it must be a two or three transistor circuit. There could be different techniques to adjust in- and output impedances. The specification is incomplete to my opinion. Cause impedances and gain are interdependent, source and load impedances of test circuit must be specified (could be e. g. zero and infinity, but not necessarily). Also other parameters as supply voltage, maximum output voltage, frequency range are unknown. But I guess, the problem is just a modification of a known problem and you implicitely know about these parameters.

i already tried the 2 cascaded voltage divider circuits, there is no problem in the DC analysis but i have problems in the AC domain. :cry:

What is a "cascaded voltage divider circuit"?

If you use two common-emitter transistor stages then the second one's input resistance will load-down the output of the first one and reduce the max gain of the first one to anout 32.
Then the second common-emitter transistor can have a voltage gain of 64. The total gain is 32 x 64= 2048.

Then a common-collector (emitter-follower) output transistor operating with a high current can have a voltage gain of 0.5 and an output impedance of 76 ohms.

There are many other ways to make your amplifier.

the question is rather unclear. how many stages do you have? what have you tried? what seems to be the problem?

Could you please explain your question a bit?

Sadegh.j said:
the question is rather unclear. how many stages do you have? what have you tried? what seems to be the problem?

Could you please explain your question a bit?

only two stages. Two common emitter voltage divider circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back