Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

GSM BASED DATA TRANSFER(FILE TRANSFER,EX:.pdf,.txt,.word...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

selvan0201

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
gsm modem file transfer at command

Hi 2 everyone...
I am using a wavecom GSM modem to transfer voice signals and messages using R89C51RDxx microcontroller.Now i like to transfer data from PC through the same modem.Can anybody help me how to achieve this and give some ideas about the data transfer.I also need some e-books regarding this task.

Thank U...

gsm file transfer

Hi Selvan,

What is the interface you are using to communicate with the modem. If your modem has got a UART/ RS232 interface, then you can use the COM port of the PC for communication. You can use the AT commands for interacting with the module..

Regards,
Joby

gsm data transfer vb6

Thank u Joby,
Ya u r right i am using the modem having a UART in it. I am communicating with the PC through hyper terminal. Now my question is how can we upload a file from PC and how can we send it by using GPRS/GPS/TCP/IP by which technology/protocols... Once again i thank u for giving valuable information..
Can u tell some web's for using the AT commands for data communication?

Regard's
Selvan.

pc data transfer via gsm

Hi,

Instead of using Hyper Terminal, you have to make an application using VB or .Net etc.. Read the file using your application and send it byte by byte to the modem. You can find the documents and other details about the modem from the Wavecom site....
**broken link removed**

Regards,
Joby

Re: GSM BASED DATA TRANSFER(FILE TRANSFER,EX:.pdf,.txt,.word

Thank u very much Joby sir for u'r help for me...
Sorry for the delayed response to u...
Sir I like to transmit a file from a PC to another PC using GSM modem and I am using WAVECOM QUIK Q2400A series modem.In that modem v have option to send data...If u familiar with tat help me...In the Tech.Spec I found tat it is possible to transfer datas for tat v need two GSM modems..

Thank u,
Regards,
Selvan...

Re: GSM BASED DATA TRANSFER(FILE TRANSFER,EX:.pdf,.txt,.word

Thank u so much Livingston sir...

Sir I like to transmit a file from a PC to another PC using GSM modem and I am using WAVECOM QUIK Q2400A series modem.In that modem v have option to send data...If u familiar with tat help me...In the Tech.Spec I found tat it is possible to transfer datas for tat v need two GSM modems is it correct...

Thank u,
Regards,
Selvan...

Status
Not open for further replies.