Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How company organize huge size of electronics design files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gorkin

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi!

Well, I wanna know, how big electronics companies organize huge size of electronics design files...

I work now in one small company in Brazil and I would like more information about big electronic project organization.

We have a server for backup, running linux (I think Debian, but I prefer freeBSD). I try organize one project in the following way:
ProjectName
|--bck > backups
|--doc > Documents
|--fwr > Firmware Design
|--hwr > Hardware Design
|--man > Files For Manufacturing
|--mec > Mechanical Design
|--ref > References
|--swr > Software Design
|--tmp > Temporary Folder
|--tools > Developments tools

Anyone know otherwise?

Thanks in advance, Gorkin!

Re: How company organize huge size of electronics design fil

We are using a version control system to organize our files. It has a lot of advantages, the files are kept on a server. When you need to work on a file, you "check out" it locks the file on the server and it copy the file on the user's disk, so you work locally (fast). It also automatically keep track of all revision.

Re: How company organize huge size of electronics design fil

Ok Laf, but all project files stay in one server folder?

Thanks, Gorkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back