Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Characteristics of power mosfet and power mosfet layout issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravitest

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, can u tell me the desired characteristics of power mosfet, and power mosfet layout issues , if u have any papers related to this give me. if possible give me mathematical and theoretical approach.

Re: power mosfet(req)

it depends on your application. Baligar's work will be helpful.

ravitest

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: power mosfet(req)

One important characteristic of power MOSFET is Rdson - ON resistance (when transistor is opened). Rdson includes two components - channel resistance,
and parasitic series source-drain resistance due to metal interconnects structure (this structure may include several layers of metallization and quite complicated layouts, to supply source and drain connections to a very large area array of transistors).

Parasitic resistance depends on number of metal layers, metal layouts, metal thicknesses, bond wire placement, etc.

Among other important characteristics are parasitic capacitances (gate to source and drain), parasitic inductance (source), gate charge, etc.

ravitest

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.