Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mixed signal (Analog vs Digital)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sridhar540

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello every body,

Can any body tell me about the effects on the sensitive analog part from the noisy digital part in the mixed signal processing. Explanation is nice or else PDF is great.
Byeee byeeeeeeeeeeee

your signal will be destructed and sinked by noise if the noise is same or larger than your signal.

I am working with mixed signal too, now. it is about pixel selector in infrared camera ROIC. May I know what yours?

thank you.

hello

The effects on the sensitive analog part from the noisy digital part

1- Noise come from the substrate coupling
2- Digital swing affect the supply

solutions

1- Use as many decoupling caps as possible
2- Protect analog cts substarte by using DNW and guard rings with star connection

Fady Atef said:
hello

The effects on the sensitive analog part from the noisy digital part

1- Noise come from the substrate coupling
2- Digital swing affect the supply

solutions

1- Use as many decoupling caps as possible
2- Protect analog cts substarte by using DNW and guard rings with star connection

agree.

but for solution 2, guardring or isolation PTAP will be the general methods. DNW is not suitable to all the processes.

In this situation, to reach an accepted level of Signal to noise ratio for analog circuitry you should design high capacitors to decrease the noise came from digital part and so the power consumption will be increased.

Use decoupling caps for power lines..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back