Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

24c02 I2C incircuit data recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.

dasboot

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
24c02 erase

Hi

I would like to read ( in ASCII) the 24c02 eeprom using I2C protocol while its in the circuit, may be using some kind of logic analyser.
Kindly give me hints how to do it or any links will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

shorting 24c02

Thanks for the reply C-man,

I have tried makinteface and tried to clip 24c02 and read it. But some how it seems I am reading garbage, and contents change depending upon which frequency ( or delay ) I am reading on. I was using ICprog software.

the IC is ST24C02W and is attached on a computer mother board. I dont know if the data is encrypted in the IC or what ?

it uses I2C protocol , I dont want to take the eeprom out and erase it, I just want to read the data from it while it is attached to the mobo .

I will try the upa programme that u have pointed to.. and see how well it works :)

Best Wishes

icprog 24c02

Fing the micro that is using it on the mother board and short out the crystal/resonator so that the micro cant interfere with your reading of it. May help.

Status
Not open for further replies.