Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Media Player problem with DVD decoding

Status
Not open for further replies.

123testing

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Operating system: Xp

The problem
--------------
A pc had a CD Rom drive and worked well.

I replaced the CD Rom with a DVD Rom drive.

The pc auto detected the DVD Rom drive and the hardware configuration shows no errors.

I put in a DVD and the pc detected it and asked me if I wanted to use Media Player to read the DVD.

I clicked on ok.

The pc then open Media Player.

Media Player reports an error:

“Windows Media Player Error. Windows Media player cannot play this DVD because a compatible DVD decoder is not installed on your computer”

The DVD is ok because it works in my DVD player.

I think that the DVD is ok because it can see the files on the DVD.

Thanks to all.

What do I need to do and how?

Re: DVD Decoding

It's because, you don't have proper Codecs installed in your windows media player or they might have got corrupted.You can either download the codecs to play the DVD or you may download a new version of Windows Media Player.If this don't work try another player to play the file.
It happened once to me, but the windows media player was able to play the video, but I couldn't see any video.I was only able to hear the audio.I then downloaded another player and it played that file :)

Re: DVD Decoding

umery2k75 said:
It's because, you don't have proper Codecs installed in your windows media player or they might have got corrupted.You can either download the codecs to play the DVD or you may download a new version of Windows Media Player.If this don't work try another player to play the file.
It happened once to me, but the windows media player was able to play the video, but I couldn't see any video.I was only able to hear the audio.I then downloaded another player and it played that file :)

Yes I agree with you. You need to instal codecs

DVD Decoding

plz install nero show time having all decoder. it is with nero burning Cd or install JET AUDIO. enjoy.........................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back