Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problems with getting a power supply through inductors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnal

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am doing a project and I am trying to get a power supply through inductors. On one circuit I have a RL design with a 5 volt power source and on the second circuit I only have a RL circuit. I am trying to get the second circuit power through the magnetic field from the inductor on the first circuit and I am getting nothing. Is this even feasible? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Inductor Help

Your trying to operate a transformator I guess. From elementary physical laws, transformator can't transmit DC current respectively voltage. You need a periodically operated switch to generate AC current.

Inductor Help

Sure this is possible (this is how electric toothbrushes are charged, typically). First you need an AC current going through the primary coil. The other thing is you need to maximize the magnetic flux linkage through the two coils. This can be done, for example, by winding them on the same high-permeability core.

Status
Not open for further replies.