Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is Cadence PDK and how to use it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EDALearner

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Would you explain what is Cadence PDK? What sort of technology information it does contain? and how we can use it?

EDA Learner

gpdk_miet_2.0.tgz

PDK stands for Process Design Kit. It s abstract definition is everything a Circuit Design development team needs to know about a process technology to do devicelevel design as viewed through the Cadence electronic design environment.

cadence pdk wiki

Another subject is design rule, does PDK contains the DRC relus?

gte cadence pdk

layout design rules are given as a part of PDK documentation

what is cadence pdk?

hxxp://crete.c@dence.com/books/GSCLib_archive/gpdk_MIET_2.0.tgz

At the same directory, you can get complete GClib!

what is cadence pdk

I just got the Cadence PDK for the TSMC .35u process and have some questions. Is there supposed to be a .lib file included in the PDK, because Encounter needs a .lib file when setting it up. Also, does it come with a .lef file? Neither of these were in the PDK.

I am just learning so any feedback would be great!
Thank You.

Re: Cadence PDK

If the PDK doesn't have those files, the PDK should include the information necessary to generate a .lib file with a library compiler and generate a .lef file with Cadence Abstract Generator.

Re: Cadence PDK

Hi,
There used to be a ppt (animated) on the importance of PDK by cadence. Can someone send me that link. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back