Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

FlexLM Error : lmgrd refused vendor name list !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

omara007

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
lmgrd error

Hi folks

I'm using SCL 10.9.1 to run Synopsys DC .. the problem is that when I try to run the dc_shell , I get this error :

Code:
Fatal: Design Compiler is not enabled. (DCSH-1)

and when viewing the log file, I get the following :

Code:
 3:58:50 (snpslmd) Error - lmgrd refused vendor name list.
This daemon will only serve licenses for the primary vendor.

I don't know what is the problem !! .. but I'm suspecting a conflict in FlexLM versions .. as I'm using an older version of FlexLM for Cadence .. could that be the reason ? .. if so, then how to correct it !!

fatal: design compiler is not enabled. (dcsh-1)

This message is reported when a version of lmgrd is used that is not compatible with the snpslmd version. It is recommended that you use lmgrd and snpslmd only from the same SCL installation directory

So update daemon line in your license file to use the scl 10.9.1, and use the lmgrd shipped in this version to re-start the license server.

snpslmd_license_file

lovelyic said:
This message is reported when a version of lmgrd is used that is not compatible with the snpslmd version. It is recommended that you use lmgrd and snpslmd only from the same SCL installation directory

So update daemon line in your license file to use the scl 10.9.1, and use the lmgrd shipped in this version to re-start the license server.

This is effectively exactly what I'm doing now !!! .. Yet, I still get the same error !!
I indeed point to snpslmd of SCL 10.9.1 .. and when I run lmgrd, I do run it from inside the SCL/linux/bin directory of the SCL 10.9.1 !!!

Any explaination to that ??

lmgrd 10.9

en, could you please try the scl 10.9.2? and could you please post the scl install path, the first 3 line of your license file, and the command you used when start the license server? by the way, which platform do you used?

design compiler is not enabled. (dcsh-1)

lovelyic said:
en, could you please try the scl 10.9.2? and could you please post the scl install path, the first 3 line of your license file, and the command you used when start the license server? by the way, which platform do you used?

Here are the first 3 lines of my license :

Code:
SERVER localhost.localdomain 0013ce1c6f2a 27000
VENDOR snpslmd /D/EDA/Synopsys/SCL/linux/bin/snpslmd
USE_SERVER
The SCL path is already shown in the VENDOR line.

When I start the license server I invoke the following command :

Code:
/D/EDA/Synopsys/SCL/linux/bin/lmgrd -c $SNPSLMD_LICENSE_FILE -l /D/EDA/Synopsys/SCL/admin/license/license.log

I'm using CentOS 4 linux.

flexlm vendor name

it seems you did not set correct variable SNPSLMD_LICENSE_FILE. Since you are not use the nod-locked license, you should set this variable as port_number@hostname

when start license server please use the command as follow:
Code:
/D/EDA/Synopsys/SCL/linux/bin/lmgrd -c /absolute_path_to_your_license_file  -l /D/EDA/Synopsys/SCL/admin/license/license.log

then reset the SNPSLMD_LICENSE_FILE and LM_LICENSE_FILE as follow:
Code:
export SNPSLMD_LICENSE_FILE = [email]27000@localhost.loca[/email]ldomain 
export LM_LICENSE_FILE = [email]27000@localhost.loca[/email]ldomain

fatal: design compiler is not enabled

lovelyic said:
it seems you did not set correct variable SNPSLMD_LICENSE_FILE. Since you are not use the nod-locked license, you should set this variable as port_number(at)hostname

when start license server please use the command as follow:
Code:
/D/EDA/Synopsys/SCL/linux/bin/lmgrd -c /absolute_path_to_your_license_file  -l /D/EDA/Synopsys/SCL/admin/license/license.log

then reset the SNPSLMD_LICENSE_FILE and LM_LICENSE_FILE as follow:
Code:
export SNPSLMD_LICENSE_FILE = 27000(at)localhost.localdomain 
export LM_LICENSE_FILE = 27000(at)localhost.localdomain

I'm indeed using a node-locked license and both SNPSLMD_LICENSE_FILE & SNPSLMD_LICENSE_FILE env. variables are pointing to the correct license.dat file.

fatal: design compiler is not enabled.

i'm confused, why you use the node-locked license? as i know, Syn0psys dose not accept the node-locked license.

flexlm error: -15,10.

lovelyic said:
i'm confused, why you use the node-locked license? as i know, Syn0psys dose not accept the node-locked license.

Who said that ?

fatal design compiler is not enabled dcsh-1

Hello All,
I am also facing the same issue. Is anybody fix this problem?

error - lmgrd refused vendor name list

Topic Locked. It is forbidden to discuss topics that may infringe legal issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.