Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What GUI should I use for embedded Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

senthilkumar

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sbc9302 + gui

Hi,
Any one advice to develop the Gui Based Application in Embedded Linux like Visual Basic Kind of easy.

Which software can i Use? Which is Better?

Any Advice from Previous Experiencing People.

Re: GUI for embedded Linux

I've not worked with GUIs in embedded linux, but I guess u can use the SBC9302 embedded linux board from SPJ Systems, Pune. **broken link removed**
I use the same board, but without the display.

They give u a colour LCD display, and QT for embedded systems. QT has always been known for its ease of development.

Hello. The question is not right (which is better?) What gui to use is depend of your project demands.
nano-x (www.microwindows.org) gui is famous for it very small size (<100kb). It suppots windows drawing and it has win32-like API. There are some extentions to it (such as FLTK and PIXEL with widgets set).
With QT you can obtain a very powerful and polished gui, but you have to learn it's API (signals, sockets), and QT footprint much more than nano-x (>1Mb). If you even can run X server you can use QT or other libraries such as GTK, wvWidgets.

can any one give tell me how we can connect Embedded system with Linux.

please pm me any link you have.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back