Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What is the difference between C and Embedded C ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rameshbabu

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What is the difference between C and Embedded C ?

c for embeded

There is no difference.
Embedded is just a term to describe a stand alone applicion like a washing machine or whatever, that has a c program embedded in it.

instructions on embeded c

hi,

i am also newbie for Embedded C, but i think my friend btbass is wrong some where as per my knowledge.

uptill i know Embedded C is the combination of regular (Normal) C we are using and Assembly Language(ASM).
in Embedded C you can get some library file as header file (e.g. reg51.h, which will include all the port and register declaration with some more features)
by simply adding this file you are able to work with any port or any register of your 8051 MCU whatever you want.
this is the major one difference i have noticed.

this facility is not available in regular (Normal) C.

hope so, you have got the idea.

Thanks

embeded.c

some adoption for embedded features.

difference b/w c and embeded c

do you know some ebooks or site where i can study regarding embedded C?

Thank you very much!

datatypes in embedded c

myql said:
do you know some ebooks or site where i can study regarding embedded C?

Thank you very much!

i have some ebooks but i think i can not upload here.
as the notic is given.
ALL E-BOOKS HERE WILL BE DELETED!!! USERS WILL BE WARNED !!!
if you want please pm me.
i'll surely give you.

c by embeded

customized prog for a specific application
makes the difference for c and embedded c

Added after 53 seconds:

customized prog for a specific application
makes the difference for c and embedded c

embeded in c

Buy or get hold of a cheap Microchip dev board and write some c code for it. You will learn faster by doing something practical than reading a book!

embedded c

If you have not got any book on embedded system, write to me. If possible collect Michel Barr's book on embedded C programming.

major differences between c and embeded c

Embedded C and C are almost the same but, there are some data types in Embedded C for programming the controllers which u can't find in normal C. U can go through for 8051 microcontrollers by mazidi.

why we have to use reg51.h in embedded c

I dont agree with that statement about data types.
Please give an example.
Any type can be typedefined in C.
Embedded C is just C, nothing more, nothing less.
It is just targeted at a stand alone controller.

basic study about embedded and embeddedc

shashi_dhar123 said:
i need some buks on embeded c

visit this link..

-->>

:D :D

embedded c features

hi Friends,

Well, the difference between Embedded C & C is that,with the help of Embedded C programming we can directly interfaced with our hardware like LCD,Keypad,relays etc.

regards,
Jitendra Kumar.

Added after 7 minutes:

hi Friends,

Well, the difference between Embedded C & C is that,with the help of Embedded C programming we can directly interfaced with our hardware like LCD,Keypad,relays etc.

regards,
Jitendra Kumar.

embedded c programming differnce

The word embedded should say it all. As btbass has already stated... embedded c is normal c but used for processors that are embedded into some or other device. Usually these device are not seen as computers like PC's etc. C intended for embedded systems will usually have libraries that are geared up for specific microcontrollers eg. 8051 or Pic. These libraries do not change the fact that it is still a c compiler. The c language is very small and most of the functionality in the compilers comes in the for of additional libraries. There are a few which are 'standard' and will be found in almost all c compilers eg stio.lib

features of embedded c

Special compilers are available for special embedded processors. In that case, embedded C should be translated to proceesor dependent asm, which is also a special feature about embedded C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back