Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using Sunsom - Atmel 89 series device programmer for locking the MCU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
2051 lock bits

Hi,

Anyone use Sunsom - Atmel 89 Series Device Programmer ( **broken link removed** ) to lock the MCU before?

I'm using ProLoad V4.1 for 89 Series Programmer.

May i know what's the function for "Set lock bytes after writing"?
Is it after the mcu(at89c52/2051) has been programmed, we will not be able to read the information on the mcu? and it is protect our firmware from duplication?

I have already tested, tick the function when burning it. After finished burn it show "Write and Lock Successful" and "AT89C52 0 bytes used" message. But when i took out the mcu and do some application testing it couldn't work?

Please kindly help me. I haven't play the lock MCU before. :(

Thank You.

mcu is lock

Hello,

provided, your programmer is operating correct, you should consider the restrictions regarding external memory access and EA pin function implied with the applied Lock Bit Mode. See AT89C52 data sheet for details.

Regards,
Frank

Help

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
mcu lock.

After the lock bits are set, you can not verify/test it anymore .. the MCU is just locked ..
But, as far as application is concerned, whether you set the lock bits, or not, it really doesn't matter ..
If the MCU is programmed properly, it should work ..

Regards,
IanP

Help

mcu lock

But, as far as application is concerned, whether you set the lock bits, or not, it really doesn't matter
Basically true, as long as no external program memory is used and EA level is fixed at reset. In typical applications, this should be the case.

Regards,
Frank

Help

data from locked mcu

FvM said:
provided, your programmer is operating correct, you should consider the restrictions regarding external memory access and EA pin function implied with the applied Lock Bit Mode. See AT89C52 data sheet for details.

Hi FvM fren,

What does you mean the programmer is operating correct? I'm not sure what's the datasheet mean. Is it if the /EA is connected to GND means that it allow any external program memory to program into AT89c52? As i know as normal operation mode the AT89C52 /EA must connected to +5Vcc.
How bout AT89C2051 it doesn't have /EA pin?

IanP said:
After the lock bits are set, you can not verify/test it anymore .. the MCU is just locked ..
Hi Ianp fren,
You mean..after the MCU is locked we can't do any verify/testing it anymore another way we can say that...after the locked bit is set the MCU will lock it with empty data in the flash memory? So, what for we have to lock the MCU? after MCU is lock we can't use that MCU anymore in our testing or our application?

But, as far as application is concerned, whether you set the lock bits, or not, it really doesn't matter .. If the MCU is programmed properly, it should work ..
What application does you mean?

Now i start confusing with the MCU lock already...I already study the datasheet for C52 and C2051. Please teach me how to read the table..
Is it we have to define the Lock Bits in our coding so that we can lock our MCU?

Thank You.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back