Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Do we need .itf file to add capacitance table to mw-library?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravi_meghadri

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Doubt on Astro

Hi!

Do we need .itf file to add capacitance table to mw-library or can I proceed without .itf file? I heard that .itf should be supplied by vendor, but I don't have it. can anyone suggest me a way to work with Astro without .itf file or please share the file for 90nm, 6-metal process. I have capacitance tables with me.

Re: Doubt on Astro

Dear Sir,

If your Astro .tf file have CapModel or CapTable definition, it means you have tlu model for RC extraction in Astro. You can use it to do placement and routing.
The .itf file is TLU+ model.(use star-RCXT transfer .itf to TLU+ model) The TLU+ model accuracy is more than TLU model.

Best Regards,
chyau

Doubt on Astro

Of course u can use .tf file with CapTable in it for P&R. But ITF is used for signoff timing check.
u'd better add some timing margin .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back