Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Experimenting with ARM7tdmi core

Status
Not open for further replies.

krunal_299

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
arm7 help

A warm Hi to folks here!
I am expeimenting with ARM7tdmi core first time.
I am using : IAR workbench (Eval), Wiggler (LPT) debug tool, at91sam7s64.
So anybody here having experience with same configuration would like to give me some idea on how i can integrate wiggler with IAR?
As far as i understood form the documentation i had gone through, IAR has built in driver for Macraigor wiggler openOCD.
So the only thing, i need to use wiggler, is just plug the wiggler's JTAG port to the target kit, and select this Macraigor as debug tool in the Project Option menu of the IAR window.

Am i right for this perception or i need to do some more specific for Wiggler integration?

And aslo i would like to know after that how can i program the flash of the target as i could not have clear idea from the IAR documentation .

Thanks in advance!
many regards!

Re: Help with ARM7 core

Hi,

I think that easyer for you to generate the HEX file with the IAR software and then use H-JTAG (www.hjtag.com) to download the code into the micro by wiggler.
Hope this will help you.
Bye

D.

Help with ARM7 core

Hi!
Thanks for such a quick reply.
You are right but what about debug?
Can H-jtag be used with wiggler parallel port hardware?
let me go through the link provided by u.
I think you have experience with ARM7tdmi, any suggestion to start with(basic steps and precaution) will be heartly appriciated.
I have worked with AVR series in past.

Thank you very much once again!
Many regards!

Help with ARM7 core

Finally i got the H-JTAG resource.
And answers regarding use of H-JTAG.
Thanx!

Re: Help with ARM7 core

Hello,

unfortunatly I'm a microcontroller beginner too.
I'm using Keil compiler (free version) and I bought a ULINK clone (not expensive) who work with Keil.
I use NXP ARM7 (LPC2xxx series).
Bye

Dan

Help with ARM7 core

Ok buddy!
No problem we both are biginner.
so we will share our experience here.
Bye......

Help with ARM7 core

HI agian!
I have H-jtag with wiggler clone hardware which I am trying to communicate with At91sam7s64.

But H-jtag server can't do that.

After installing H-jtag setup.i am just running the J-tag server from its shortcut icon then i click ''detect target'' but no answer from target device. Port test is ok.

Does anybody have tried the same ? If yes pls enlighten me so i can proceed further.
Thanks & regards!

Help with ARM7 core

Hi guys,
don't want to be destructive here and if you buy clones you just have to work through the trash. Keil works great out of the box with the real ULink or ULINK2 while SAM7 with IAR works best using SAM-ICE which is a Atmel dedicated J-Link from Segger.
Both cost a few $ or Euros more but the huge advantage is, THEY WORK!
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.