Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Can CST simulate large array of isotropic elements

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdoeng

Advanced Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cst question

hi all,could cst simulate large array of isotropic elements
regards

cst question

yes you can, only thing matter in this case is
Computation capability of you system

cst question

i talk about 1000 elements,
my pc is 2GHZ,@Gbyte ram
regards

Re: cst question

Hello,
I agree with snkhan. However, you can create an array radiation pattern with just one element using the "Array" menu under the Farfield plot dialog box.

P.

Hi

First of all - by using the "array" menu it only computes the mathematical Array Function and multiplies it with the element far field. With that you can get it done for every rectangular type of array.

I also dont think you can get it simulated on a 2GBytes RAM PC - unless you use the Array Function.

But for the isotropic element, its a mathematical entity. You need to find some real antenna which far field is isotropic.

good luck!

cst question

hi mpero,thanks for ur reply,could u suggest real antennas(isotropic) in c band?

Hi Abdoeng

Its a nice question. I would start trying very small dipoles, maybe two crossed dipoles, to create an artificial isotropic source.

Hi abdoeng,

In my opinion, almost all commercial EDA like CST, HFSS, FEKO, XFDTD, Microstripes (now is the part of CST), etc. can simulate antenna array. The problem is the capability your pc. If you want to simulate 1000 antenna array, I think with 2 GHz processor and 2GB RAM it will cost the time.

For comparison, I use Microstripes to simulate 4 antenna array. For single element it need several minutes to finished the simulation. But when I simulate for 4 antenna array it consume 13 hours to finished the simulation. I use PC with Dual Core AMD 3800 MHz and 1GB of RAM.

I guess for simulation 1000 antenna array it will need several days, except you use distribution network. CST 2008 has this capability.

I hope it can help you.

regards,

freqzt

cst question

hi freqzt,i already make small dipoles but also i fail
could i make horn feeder as cos(theta)^n as in paper of john huang?.pls if yes,tell me how

cst question

@Abodong
If you are working on C band, i guess you computer still can do this stuff because the bandwidth is not very large.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back