Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Offset in Rail-to-Rail opamp

Status
Not open for further replies.

R&D_micro

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
What are the main reasons for offset in a R-R opamp ? the output stage is a class-AB ...
the opamp has a constant gain through out the common mode range... Can any one post some online links or suggest some books for this ?
Please help me in this regard.

mismatch is the main reasons for offset .
you can read the book by razavi.

As in most circuits, mis-match is caused by variation in circuit elements and I'm sure you can find a way to derive an equation to quantify it.

Although for R-R op-amps, you might have to be extra careful with keeping your gain constant through the range since you need both n-type and p-type differential sides to get the job done. Soo, not only would you need to pay attention to device mis-matches, pay very close attention to the variation of gain due to mis-match which is probably what you are noticing.

PM me if my explanation didn't make sense..haha. I had designed an R-R opamp for a R-R 4th order filter about a year ago so some details are still in short-term memory :)

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.