Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Mobile phone bluetooth modules

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdfsdf

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
mobile phone bluetooth modules

I am trying to obtain a bluetooth module for a project I'm working on. One idea that came to my mind is to take apart a dead phone and take one out.
Well that phone was Nokia N-gage and the module found was LMBTB016. I was able to obtain this part name from schematics after searching google for them. What i wasn't able to find was the specs sheet for the module. In the schematics the module is connected to the uC via UART or so the schematics say. Does anyone know if what I'm trying to do is even possible and is it possible to reprogram the module via AT commands? All this would be so much easier with the specs. sheet. Thank you

Re: mobile phone bluetooth modules

Just found that module on schematic, popped the name into google and landed here :)
One think I can think of is spider wiring it with kynar on a wroking phone and tapping lines with Logic analyzer to se whats going on. Something cheap ($30 for a clone) and slow like Saleae 8bit 24MHz should do the trick. Too bad I dont have a working phone to do it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back