Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Resources on RFID + frequency bands

Status
Not open for further replies.

elec350

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rfid iso 16000b

hi
i want to know about RFID. pls hlp me. what is its fundamentals? which frequency bands are used for it? which books are about it?

Re: RFID [help]

These can help here. Reference [1] is the best book I have ever seen in the field of RFID.

[1] Klaus Finkenzeller, RFID Handbook: Fundamentals and Applications in Contactless Smart Cards and Identification 2nd Edition, Wiley, 2003
[2] **broken link removed**
[3] http://www.uidcenter.org

elec350

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: RFID [help]

Actually there is a lot more frequencies for RFid. i ll give you most popular and commercial

For Passive tags:

- 13.56 Mhz. (Mifare) nearfield(literature says up to 1 meter but i saw just 15 cm.
- 866, 915 Mhz. (UHF EPC Gloabal Gen1, Gen2, ans ISO 16000b, c) Frequency depends on region.

For Active:

Dod uses 433 Mhz.(Dual band. and some working of standardisation of commercial companies such as SAVI)

Working summary:

Reader transmits signal for passive tags, and tag backscatters the signal to reader.

this topic has a lot to say that it can not be fully explained with 2,3 sentences. so if you need more detail, contact me..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.