Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

what simulation can sign off a amplifier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shineqi

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How many simulations need be done when signing off a amplifier?

Example or reference, thanks

Normally, a Monte Carlo simulation of 1000 runs can convince you about the performance of the designed amplifer which will fall within your design specification.

suria3 said:
Normally, a Monte Carlo simulation of 1000 runs can convince you about the performance of the designed amplifer which will fall within your design specification.

what do u mean by monte carlo simulation of 1000 runs.... Monte carlo needs to be done at the different corners only na.????

A.Anand Srinivasan said:
suria3 said:

what do u mean by monte carlo simulation of 1000 runs.... Monte carlo needs to be done at the different corners only na.????

I meant by running 1000 runs in monte carlo for a single amplifier block, we can see the performance of the amplifier itself because it is covering the SS,FF,SF,FS and TYP process. But it will be safer if the 5 process run through Corner analysis to know where the design fall within the range before tape out the block.

the result of monte carlo is gonna be same at whatever time u run it.... so i just wanted to know why 1000 runs??? what difference is that gonna make...

Monte Carlo simulation will randomly vary the process parameters (simulate the actual production environment) and the performance and the yield for that performance can be estimated by simulation.
Regards,
Jitendra Dhasmana.

dc, ac, tran analysis, corner simulation :)

hi test_123

Any reference or example for diff in and diff out op amp or ota

A.Anand Srinivasan said:
the result of monte carlo is gonna be same at whatever time u run it.... so i just wanted to know why 1000 runs??? what difference is that gonna make...

I believe the monte carlo run have taken into consideration on all the process fall and the more number of runs we performed, the chances to see the performance is very high as the process is statistically distributed. I'm saying 1000 runs, because this is what some experienced people told me through some forums. If you have any suggestion or anything to share from your experience, please welcome your points.

Thanks

My question is what kind of spec. do you run monte carlo simulation? AC, DC or Transient?

My experience is for opamp, dc monte carlo doesn't tell me much, but I could be wrong...

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back