Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help me with measuring angle and displaying it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

davetrishna86

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
measuring angle

i have 2 measure angle in degrees through 10k pot n thn display it. i m using a constant current source using this 10k pot the o/p of which wud vary from 1-10V.

so at 0V i should be able 2 display an angle of 10degrees n at 1V it shud display 20deg n so on till 10V.. thn frm 11V it shud start all over again from 10 degree thru 100deg bit this time with a negative poarity..
hw shall i go abt this?

measuring angle

do u have any possibility of bending the pot to a circular form and having the movable contact attached to the object which is to rotate????

Re: measuring angle

yes i have a circular loop connected 2 the shaft of the pot...

measuring angle

then scale the voltage ranges using comparator if you want to detect in discrete values i.e. in tens of degrees...

if you want every degree to be changed then use a ADC and display using 7 segment LEDs....

Re: measuring angle

The relationship between angle and voltage is unclear to me :|

If your current source is 1mA, you can have 10V maximum, so where thus the 11V come from??

Below a list with relation V/° according to your first post
0/10 1/20 2/30 3 /40 4/50 5/60 6/70 7/80 8/90 9/100 10/110
You can measure from 10 to 110°, so why did you write 100° maximum in your first post??

Your pot meter can turn enlessly and have no interruption in the carbon layer?
I don't think of such pot meter exist:cry:
Can you post a picture? I'm curious

Do some simulations of angle/voltage/ADCValue in Excel to find out the best calculation method between ADCValue and angle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back