Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to measure integral linearity error and no missing code

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiangxb

Full Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
integral linearity

hi

i have design a 20-bit sigma-delta adc, and now i want to measure its integral linearity error and no missing code, how to do?

it looks like be impossible to use feedback loop or histogram testing because of high resolution.

integral linearity error

INL and DNL are not reported for a Sigma Delta ADC... Only SNR, MSA and OBG are reported...

integral linearity error

mickey_melomane said:
INL and DNL are not reported for a Sigma Delta ADC... Only SNR, MSA and OBG are reported...

but there are these parameters in datasheets of burr-brown's products as ads1250, i think they made these measurements.

no missing code

jiangxb said:
hi

i have design a 20-bit sigma-delta adc, and now i want to measure its integral linearity error and no missing code, how to do?

it looks like be impossible to use feedback loop or histogram testing because of high resolution.

Hi jiangxb,
I need to design multi-bit adc, too. But I haven't big experience in this field.
Could you help me??? Do You designed it by SPICE, or MATLAB, or ... ???

Thanks.

inl missing code

This datasheet from Maxim might be useful:
For test setup:
**broken link removed**

You can either ramp the input and measure the digital codes and use matlab to calculate INL/DNL or use a sinusoidal input and take digital codes and use matlab to calculate INL.

You can also use the matlab code on this maxim app notes:
**broken link removed**

jiangxb

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
how to measure the linearity error of a sine wave

hi peroly, thank you for your advices. i have measured the INL/DNL using sinewave histogram method, and a ramp input method is impractical because of high resolution.

Added after 7 minutes:

samvelc said:
jiangxb said:
hi

Hi jiangxb,
I need to design multi-bit adc, too. But I haven't big experience in this field.

Thanks.

you mean multi-bit feedback sigma-delta adc? i havn't try it because of the nonlinearity of feedback dac.
i use matlab for system-level simulation and spectre for transistor-level simulation.

Re: how to measure integral linearity error and no missing c

jiangxb said:
hi peroly, thank you for your advices. i have measured the INL/DNL using sinewave histogram method, and a ramp input method is impractical because of high resolution.

Added after 7 minutes:

samvelc said:
jiangxb said:
hi

Hi jiangxb,

Thanks.

you mean multi-bit feedback sigma-delta adc? i havn't try it because of the nonlinearity of feedback dac.
i use matlab for system-level simulation and spectre for transistor-level simulation.

Hi,
Now I must do system-level simulation (with MATLAB), after that I must do transister-level simulation with SPICE.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.