Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

In MCu PIC16F877A only 1 pin of the crystal is connected ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abdalla

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Icd2 Clone : Question ?

Hi,

I saw strange something in the Schematic ,In MCu PIC16F877A-I/P there is only one pin of the crystal is connected and the other is not connected...can anyone explain this to me :)

??

thx

Re: Icd2 Clone : Question ?

blueroomelectronics said:
Poorly drawn schematic perhaps. Can you post the image?

Hi,

No it wasn`t ,,I made ICD2 of PiCs design and only one pin was connected then when i tried to look in potyo design i found its the same.

below is potyo schematic screenshot

yes all is ok, and is one pin because the buffer output of PIC 4550 is the input of 877A and this works as external clock an not as oscillator

Re: Icd2 Clone : Question ?

folks said:
yes all is ok, and is one pin because the buffer output of PIC 4550 is the input of 877A and this works as external clock an not as oscillator

But is it stable design ?.... and if i want to put crystal instead of this is there any way for that ?

thx

Yes, is very stable. here is the internal invert buffer:
buffer.jpg

And yes you can put a crystal instead of a external clock but you waste your money and your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.