Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

What's the difference between MatLab and Labview?

Status
Not open for further replies.
what is the difference between labview and matlab

diffrenet software.matlab it's name "math laborator", just for simulation,you must create the math model and input the parameter,then you will get a result.
ni's labview is a tool to realize your idea, use graphics language, you will not be familied to the professional computer language like "C","BASIC".

labview verzus matlab

До jittu_sweety30.

Примерите за контрол на инструментарим в LabVIEW са стотици. Какво искаш да управляваш конкретно?

Четох по-горе, че LabVIEW бил ограничен до хардуера на National Instruments.
Това е меко казано невярно. Само за инфо:
- над 8000 драйвери за различни контролно-измервателни уреди
- дори да няма драйвер за някой уред, в LabVIEW може да се напише стига уреда да има някакъв комумникационен порт - GPIB, RS232/485, USB, Ethernet..
- LabVIEW може да е OPC клиент и да комуникира с PLC-та, посредством OPC
- С Labview може да се програмира ембедед хардуер, АRM микроконтролери и т.н
Да не изброявам всички библиотеки...

Пенчо Христов
Приложен Инженер
Метрисис

simulink compared with labview

MATLAB it better compare with LABVIEW.. MOst of advance controller can be develop in Simulink/Matlab but not in Labview..
Labview for lazy people!!

matlab vs labview

I think MATLAB is technically more sound than LABVIEW.

MatLab vs Labview

so nice.
prefered is matlab.

MatLab vs Labview

thanks your share!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

MatLab vs Labview

Matlab is popular in academia whereas Labview is popular for Real Industrial Instrumentation

Re: MatLab vs Labview

I used both of them and I think Matlab is much better. Unlike some claims above, you can do real-time data acquisition and control with Matlab and Simulink. They have xPC target, Real-Time Workshop and some third party tools such as the Hilink platform from https://zeltom.com for these purposes.

They are two very different things. Labview is mostly used as a software interface for external hardware. Matlab is mostly used for data processing and simulations although it can control external hardware like Labview can as well.

MatLab vs Labview

Hi All,
First of all LabView is a full programming Language Which can be used specially for Computer interfacing ,Signal Processing among other things!
( I Used it for interfacing without Specefic hardware) .
It is easier to build an application at the Professional level with it than matlab.

Matlab is widespread language since its use as standard in undergraduate an even graduate levels (Many concepts of signal processing , image processing, Control and Scientific computing among others are well understood as they are Matlab Approached; i.e. it is very nice and powerful technical scripting language)
there is an option in LabView So that it can communicate with matlab code.

In my opinion Both are well as integrating each other
depending on what you want to do- as you want building Application with nice GUI and Many facilities in communicating with hardware use LabView,BUT if you are interested in scientific and technical computing more, GO to matlab.

IF you want both OK!.........
Learn Both and you can call matlab easily from labview.
i' ll repeat it again all depends on what you want to do

Well according to me matlab is a good calculation tool and lab view is more friendly with simulations, data accusation and GUI development. You hake to work and code a hell lot of more in matlab to develop a gui while you always develop it in labview with a lot of fun :)

MatLab vs Labview

NI LabView is the most Advanced Professional DSP and Control developing Enviroment that has been used in NASA for years.Imagine u can develop any kind of program like .NET Enviroment just with designing your Application Block diagram and make .exe and setup file for windows.If u see LabView 2009 then u realize that MatLab is a amature student version IDE.

Re: matlab vs labview

rag_perfect said:
not too much..both r simulation softwares....
But Matlab is more rich in case of toolboxes...
disagree !
matlab is very powerful on MATH but labview is not yet !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back