Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

about step change in the output of SC circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

hr_rezaee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
direction of input step change

Dear All
Hi
I need some papers or books about step change in the output of SC circuit (for example MDAC of pipeline ADC) in the direction of opposite to its final value.
I need proof of it.
regards

step change in circuits

The step response changes first in the opposite direction due to the feed-forward zero through the feedback capacitors...

Just imagine a bit... assume that the OTA core is slow, it can't move as fast as the input step. The edge of the input step couples directly to the ouput node through the feedback network of capacitors, with no signal inversion.

As the OTA wakes up and starts to respond (at the speed it can), it'll drive the output node, with signal inversion.

The response at the ouput will showa jump to one direction (near instantaneous) and then it'll go in the other direction.

I think the ee240 class notes cover this (boser at berkeley).

A good book is "Analog MOS integrated Circuits for Signal Processing" by Gabor C. Temes

banihashemi said:
A good book is "Analog MOS integrated Circuits for Signal Processing" by Gabor C. Temes
Hi
thanks
in "chapter 7 : Nonideal effects in switched capacitor circuits" there is no discussion about this effect (just clock feedthrough).
Can you tell me which page?
thanks

check this paper
Process-insensitive low-power design of switched-capacitor integrators

Naiknaware, R. Fiez, T.S.
Maxim Integrated Products, Hillsboro, OR, USA;

This paper appears in: Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, IEEE Transactions on [Circuits and Systems I: Fundamental Theory and Applications, IEEE Transactions on]
Publication Date: Oct. 2004
Volume: 51, Issue: 10
On page(s): 1940- 1952
ISSN: 1549-8328
INSPEC Accession Number: 8157528
Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/TCSI.2004.835666
Posted online: 2004-10-18 08:48:29.0

safwatonline said:
check this paper
Process-insensitive low-power design of switched-capacitor integrators

Naiknaware, R. Fiez, T.S.
Maxim Integrated Products, Hillsboro, OR, USA;

This paper appears in: Circuits and Systems I: Regular Papers, IEEE Transactions on [Circuits and Systems I: Fundamental Theory and Applications, IEEE Transactions on]
Publication Date: Oct. 2004
Volume: 51, Issue: 10
On page(s): 1940- 1952
ISSN: 1549-8328
INSPEC Accession Number: 8157528
Digital Object Identifier: 10.1109/TCSI.2004.835666
Posted online: 2004-10-18 08:48:29.0

interesting, can you upload it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com