Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Interfacing PIC18F2550 to Labview 7.1 or later

Status
Not open for further replies.

lovediwan

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic labview

Hi
I'm new to microcontroller but i'm expert in Labview
So is there anyone help me in finding out how to interface PIC18F2550 to Labview Using USB.

Thanks
Bye[/b]

18f4550 labview

hi Fernando Vasquez
well i have made the Usb driver already but what i want is how to program the controller & communicate with it so that it respond to the query sent to it
Actually i'm working on PC based Oscilloscope for which i have to write a driver
but how it go with microcontroller is a tricky part for me.
Thanks for reply
Love Diwan

pic usb labview

you can use HIDmakerFS. It will generate the c code for the controller and the visual basic code for the PC. Convert the visual basic code into dlls and integrate these dlls in labview.

labview 18f4550

Here is a complete scope project with PIC18F4550, but it is in spanish

**broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

labview microchip

Hi.
Sometime ago, I did a project using LabView 7.1 and a PIC 18F2550. The project was very big, but this is the simplest USB communication I did when I was testing and screwing things.
The schematic is the simplest circuit necessary. The 100nF capacitor must be placed as near as possible to the USB connector. The crystal I used was a 12MHz, but you can use any 4MHz multiple and change the PLL divider.

I used CCS Compiler PCWH 4.032 but you can use any version from 3.222.

The pic is simply sending a Sine Wave as fast as it can, using 256 byte block size (each block is really 64bytes but the program takes care of dividing it automatically). After every block there is a gap where there is no data. (Handshaking?)

The LabView Program uses some dll function calls. they call mpusbapi.dll, that Microchip provides. When you plug in the pic on the USB bus, it requests a driver, that you can find in the MCHPUSB Driver folder, also provided by Microchip.

I tested it on 18F2550, 2455 and 4550 (Just change the library).
The comments are in spanish, sorry I don't have time to translate them but it's very simple and if you have any doubts, feel free to contact me.

Hope this helps.

Added after 6 months

Apparently the zip file with the labview app is corrupted.
Here's again in RAR format.

Reactions: roskad and Robim

V

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

Robim

roskad

microchip usb labview

Hi Osolong!

I tried to download USB18F_LabView.zip file, but it has an error in SineWave Microchip 18F USB Communication.vi file: can you send me it by e-mail (not zipped please: maybe you are using an earlier version of Winzip then mine).
Thanks!

Luca.

usb communication labview

Hi,
I am also trying to the same thing and found this topic. I also DL the file but could not get SineWave Microchip 18F USB Communication.vi. Can you send this file to me too.
Thank you,
Waruna:D

V

microchip labview

Hi Osolong.

i'm very interested about your project but i can't extract file "sineWave Microchip 18F USB Communication.vi" from "usb18f_labview_3557" zip file. there are some error. could you upload file "sineWave Microchip 18F USB Communication.vi" again or send it to me.

thanks Osolong.

pic18f2550

Hi Kepi19!

Have you got the file "SineWave Microchip 18F USB Communication.vi"? Can you post it?

Thanks.

Regards.
Luca.

labview usb communication

lucafus said:
Hi Kepi19!

Have you got the file "SineWave Microchip 18F USB Communication.vi"? Can you post it?

Thanks.

Regards.
Luca.

Hi Luca
here is the file

Regards
Kabanga

V

labview pic18f4550

Hi Osolong,

The thread was really helpful for me to switch from LabVIEW-COMPort to LabVIEW-USB which I was searching for a long time.

How can I port the source code in CSS to C18? Or has there any code in C18?
I could not build the code in CCS due to missing/invalid 'pch.crg' file.

----------------------------
Best Regards!
Sinoj B S
IN

mpusbapi.dll labview

Osolong:

This is a great example, but....
Do you think this vi works in Labview 8.5 on Vista?

I´m sorry, i speak spanish, no english.

picusb labview driver

Hello

I'm trying to use this program as a base for my own school project. But I'm working with the C18 compiler from microchip. I need the pic18_usb.h and usb.c file provided with the CSS compiler. They are also not included in the demo version of the program. Is there anyone who can help me.

best regards

Brecht

edit; I've found the missing library's, and the project is working now. Today, I'm gonna play with it, to fully understand the working of it, and tomorrow back to normal!
thx

labview usb pic

Sinoj B S wrote:
How can I port the source code in CSS to C18? Or has there any code in C18?
I could not build the code in CCS due to missing/invalid 'pch.crg' file.

I have no idea. I don't know how to use C18.
In CCS you need the PCWH or higher version in order to compile it.

Ligator wrote:
Do you think this vi works in Labview 8.5 on Vista?
I´m sorry, i speak spanish, no english.

Si debe funcionar en LabView 8.5 (y en cualquier version que sea mas nueva que 7.1)
Pero no funciona en Vista porque el driver que provee Microchip no funciona mas que en WinXP y Win2000.
Al parecer hay un driver que se llama WinUSB que viene con Vista y es mas facil de usar. No lo he hecho pues no tengo Vista, ni planes de instalarlo en el futuro inmediato.
Puedes buscar informacion acerca de ese driver y utilizarlo de manera similar a como lo hago en mi programa.
Suerte!!!

It should work on LabView 8.5 (and any version newer than 7.1).
But it doesn't work in Vista because the driver Microchip provides only works on WinXP and Win2000.
Apparently, in Vista there is a driver called WinUSB that's easier to use. You can google it and based on my program you can create your own or modify mine if you think that is possible.
Good luck!!

pic18f2550 project

Osolong

Thanks a lot.
Your example helps me a lot.

labview 7.1 projects

When you plug in the pic on the USB bus, it requests a driver, that you can find in the MCHPUSB Driver folder, also provided by Microchip.

Hola Osolong, gracias por compartir tu aplicacion pero cuando conecto el pic al puerto USB, a pesar de que busco el driver en folder MCHPUSB no logro ubicarlo, por favor tendrias la amabilidad de pulicarlo.

labview with microchip

Hola Osolong, gracias por compartir tu aplicacion pero cuando conecto el pic al puerto USB, a pesar de que busco el driver en folder MCHPUSB no logro ubicarlo, por favor tendrias la amabilidad de pulicarlo.

Hi.
The driver is in the above file:
MCHPUSB Driver.zip

In the folder \Release

When you plug in the PIC to the USB bus search for the inf file: mchpusb.inf

Hope this helps

hola Oslong, ha pasado mucho tiempo desde que hiciste este post, pero realmente estoy interesada en saber cuantos bytes es lo maximo que se puede transmitir con este metodo que has desarrollado en labview??, yo necesito enviar por lo menos 2000 datos y en realidad nose como hacerlo, tu tienes alguna sugerencia??, agradezco tu colaboracion

Status
Not open for further replies.