Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Kinetic Inductance simulation in AWR Microwave Office

Status
Not open for further replies.

666monkey999

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm trying to simulate the kinetic inductance of a superconducting line in MWO EM-Sight. I was planning on doing this using the reactance in the impedance definitions menu however I cant find the precise units MWO uses anywhere, I was wondering if anyone knew?
Another thing that might be a problem is that since I want to model the kinetic inductance id like the total reactance to be frequency dependent I was wondering if anyone knew whether this was possible.

Thanks a lot for the help

Not sure if the AWR EM simulator can do this or not...

You could do this with Sonnet Lite by using a "General" metal type, and assigning an Xdc value that gives you the same reactance as the kinetic inductance. It's only going to be valid at one frequency, so if it varies a lot with frequency you'll need to modify Xdc and resimulate at each frequency.

The full version of Sonnet has a kinetic inductance metal definition under the "General" metal type, but it's grayed out for Sonnet Lite, so it must not be available for the free version.

Good luck,

Max

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back