Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Superconductor Material with CST MWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

aghribi

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
cst mws conductivity

Hello evrybody,

I just want to know how to consider the real comportement of a superconductor material in an em simulation with CST microwave studio.
I am working on superconductor microstrip lines, basicly Nb.

Thank you

Hi,

I think you can just use a perfect conductor as material. This represents a material with no losses, hence infinite conductivity. For the ground you can use a perfect electric boundary condition.

good luck!

Hi, sorry a PEC is not enough. A superconductor is more complicated than that since you must take into account the kinetic inductance.

The (almost) infinite real conductance is OK, but you have to define the inductive part (new materials ? Normal ? Conductivity ? MAgnetic Conductivity ?). As I told you.. I've never tried but should work in some way.

Sonnet is the only EM simulator that I have seen that has a kinetic inductance (Ls) value that can be set for a metal type.

Are there others?

--Max

Hi
What should be done is to enter the magnetic dispersion model as a data file or as a special model. The probleme is that I don't have these data.
So do anyone know where I can find specific data for supercondutor Niobium?
Thanks

Hi everybody.
I have the same problem.
So far i'm trying to do some simulations on FFS using YBCO superconductor at different temperatures. So, for each temperature i have to define a new material (i.e. ybco_300k, ybco_200k and so on). In order to do this in CST MWS 2010 i'm using the Dispersive Material which allows you to enter the data that you have for your material (real and imaginary part of epsilon).
However, if i use the Frequency solver it works since the program performs simulations step by step in the frequency domain (and it uses directly the values for epsilon that i inserted) everything is ok. But with the transient solver i need to use the nth order fit to these data before starting the simulation.
Unfortunately these fit strongly depend on the epsilon value at zero frequency and, also if i reduce the range and delete this point, they do not catch the right behaviour of the insert data (error >33%).

Does anybody have any suggestion?

Thanks!
Deta

Hi
you can use a surface impedance as material.
good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back