Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Generating the bias voltage of an op-amp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bandgap Reference

it's also possible use an voltage reference with transistors CMOS in weak inversion...the output voltage can be controlled by resistors too.

Re: Bandgap Reference

firsttimedesigning said:
So I am trying generate the bias voltage of an op-amp. So far the only circuit I know that can be used to generate the bias voltage is bandgap reference. But bandgap reference can only generate a voltage that is around 1.4V. I need a bias voltage that is higher than 1.4V...What circuit should I use?

add a buffer to generate 1.4v

use ldo is not a good way, you can use a bandgap to generate a bandgap current source , and then use this current source to generate a bias voltgae.

Bandgap Reference

how to simulation its psrr

Bandgap Reference

you can use a close loop buffer .

About the way to simulate the PSRR on the Bandgap , I commonly insert a sinusodal voltage source on the Vdd or GND pin (depends on PSSR+ or PSSR-), and then i measure with a .ac statement at the Vref pin the gain of this source. Normally, the worst case of this measure is when the circuitś gain is 1, therefore a unitary gain loop must be to add.

i think you can still use bandgap,
the bandgap that base on current independent can get a voltage high than 1.2V
by the way, LDO is not a good idea, LDO is designed to drive large current not here.

firsttimedesigning said:
So I am trying generate the bias voltage of an op-amp. So far the only circuit I know that can be used to generate the bias voltage is bandgap reference. But bandgap reference can only generate a voltage that is around 1.4V. I need a bias voltage that is higher than 1.4V...What circuit should I use?

Added after 1 minutes:

you can do it as a AC sweep.
the difference only is that the input is changed to VDD or GND.

chibijia said:
how to simulation its psrr

Status
Not open for further replies.