Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Using PAL/GAL as 74C926 IC

Status
Not open for further replies.

killex

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
74c926

Hi. I wonder if it is possible to program a PAL or GAL to "build" a 74C926 (4-digit counter with multiplexed 7-segment output drivers) and if it' s possible if anyone have the code to program this (and the PAL/GAL marking). This is because the74C926 is very expensive and I have some PAL ready to use.
Thanks.

PS: Sorry me if I said a stupid thing but I never used programming logic devices.
Bye

counters with pal ic

With 4 digit counter and a 7segment driver your design needs 23 macrocells (4x4 +7) ....more if you want the latches between counters and driver.

So you can't fit it into a single PAL or GAL (10 macrocells)l

A small CPLD (64 macrocells, maybe 32) from Altera, Xilinx, Lattice..... should handle your design.

Regards

ic 74c926

Hi.
Do you know where to find a good guide (with examples) to know and to program PLD, GAL, PAL ?
I never used them so I don't know what are macrocells... I only know that this PLD can be used to create a logic net burning "microswitches" on their inside.
The IC (74C926) I'm looking for has 7 output lines (a to f) to pilote 7-segment displays and 4 output lines multiplexed (so these scans 4 displays connected in parallel scanning their cathodes).
The pins are:
7 output (a-f) for the 7 segments of the displays
4 multiplexed output for the scanning
1 latch enable
1 display select
1 clock
1 reset
1 carry out
I attach the datasheet, if you want to look at it.
Thanx

information about ic 74c926

Hi !

here is a good starting point :

**broken link removed** (look for SPLD and CPLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back