Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to find clock glitches

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoTig

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
clock glitch

Hi all,

I'm designing clock module for ASIC. This is my first experience in clock module design. For synthesis I'm using Design Compiler. I dont know how to give constraints for generated clocks. Can someone give me some info.

Also is it posible to check with Design Compiler glithes on generated clocks.
Or the only way is post synthesis simulation?

Thank you very much.

glitches on clock

It more simple then PLL.

I have 2 asynchronous clock inputs and 5 clock outputs.

It is just clock divider. It is not dificult module I understand. But it should be glitch free. I already designed the module and its is working with functional simulation.
But I dont know will it work after synthesis.

clock gllitch

Hi,
If you are using Asynchrous gates (i.e Muller Gates) the concerned module will nor be synthesized and loops will apear. Else, give more details please.
Regards,
Master_PicEngineer

glitch in the clock

Hi,

To be honest I dont know what are Muler Gates :D (if you have some links it will be very appreciated :D)

I'm using asynchrous gates but there is not any loops.
It can be be synthesized I tried.

But I dont know how to check or constraint clock module. How can I be sure that it will work in IC?

Thanks.

how to find glitches

Hi,
Joined Constraining designs doc
Hope it help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back