Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

problems with Poly pour in altium designer 6.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

s3034585

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
poly pour

Hi Guys

I am trying to use poly pour option in altium designer for gnd plane. In the design rules i have set rules for power plane connect style as relief connect. But it shows as a solid plane only. It is connect as a direct connect option.

The strange thing is that when i create a new pcb and pour a ploy on it. It connects as mentioned in reliefconnect rule. But it dosnt do it to the exsisting pcb which is completely routed.

Can any one pls help in fixing this problem.
Thanks in advance
tama.

altium designer 6.7 다운

ground PLANE-layer, or just copper pour on a signal layer?

is there a wrong rule in the design rules? or maybe you have 2 rules for plane connect, but bot of them are assigned for "all nets"

There is seperate rule for polygons and planes in altium tool.

You need to set the polygon rule for copper pours.

:F

Hi
I have attached sample files to give a better idea about the problem.

Thanks
tama

Frosty is right.

problems with Poly pour in @ltium designer 6.7

ok, i see its NOT A PLANE.

maybe you are using a solid rectangle, which is not a polygon-por. rectangles are always directly short circuit everything.

Hi Buenos

No its actually a ploy pour only. I used the option for polygon pour inside place menu.
the thing is that there is a clearance rule for all ( in electrical design rules) as well and when i increase the clearance rule the polys get connected using thermal relief.
I dont get this when there is a rule for polygon connect style then how come the electrical clearance has to anything with it.

Have you guys faced similar problems....

thanks
tama

You probably set the clearance rule scope as "All" - "All". Polygons fall into the "All" category, so the rule is applied to the distance between the polygon and the pads/vias.

Note that the polygon connect style rules don't have a setting for the gap in the thermal - the electrical clearance rule establishes the gap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back