Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

merge lots of gds to one file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

calibre

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
merge gds

I check tsmc standard cell library, there are so mang standard cells, but when i stream in the library, there is one file for all cell gds, how do they merge all standard cells gds to one file?

merge gds of all cells

this is the norm thing to do , u make gds to the top cell and the gds will contain all the cells included in that Top cell, so u just need to make a Top Cell and instantiate all the standard cells u need in it then export a gds file of this Top Cell

gds merge

Hi, safwatonline
i find there are no any top cell included these standard cells, so i wander there is a way to merge lots of gds to one gds file?

actually if u r using cadence when u export the stream u can just name the library name and don't enter any cell name then the exported file will contain all the cells inside the named library

if we are using the same gds command. Using the listlib command followed by the gds data then it will display all the instances inside that stream and the first instance to display is the top cell...

Added after 14 minutes:

safwatonline said:
this is the norm thing to do , u make gds to the top cell and the gds will contain all the cells included in that Top cell, so u just need to make a Top Cell and instantiate all the standard cells u need in it then export a gds file of this Top Cell

I agree, this is also the idea i have in my mind. The new cell that you created and instantiated all the standard cells u need when u export it this will become your top cell.

IF your question is merging diffrent gds to one gds only w/o top cell, I dont have any idea of that. Is that really possible...?I hope someone knows......

Teddy said:
http://www.artwork.com/gdsii/gdsfilt/file_merge.htm

GDSII is relativelty easy to understand and is well documented. The best tool to learn about it is Google...

Any free tools :?:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back