Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC16f877 Interfacing with EEPROM 24c256 using SPI or I2C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aamir_javed

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pic16f877 spi

I want to interface PIC16f877 with EEPROM 24c256 using SPI or I2C interface. Can any body give me details of interfacing and circuit diagrams????

pic16f877 external eeprom

yes but Found nothing useful...

Added after 12 minutes:

Please somebody help????????????

pic16f877 interfacing

Hi
what about PROTON can it help you
if it i'll help

Regards

24c256 sample circuit

I need code in assembly..

but if u can give me circuit diagram and useful tips, i will appreciate it

spi in pic16f877a microcontroller

If you know French, use the Fabulous free book of Bigonoff. You ll find even the source.

proton 24c256

read all the errata first before you choose the chip.

interfacing eeprom using pic16f877a

I2C is a more versatile system level serial data transfer method. It only needs two bus connected signals; clock (SCL) and data (SDA) lines .
These allow a master controller to be connected to up to 1023 other devices. These can include other MCUs, memory devices, analogue converters and so on. The example used here is access to an external EEPROM memory, which would be used to expand the non-volatile data storage in an MCU system, and is used in a general purpose PIC base module. The memory used here is a Microchip 24AA128, which stores 16 kb of data (128k bits);
The test program, attached below, reads and writes every location (16384 addresses) by this method. The maximum write cycle time specified is 5 ms (16384  0.005 
82 s). It therefore takes a considerable time to complete this test. If the memory
is being accessed sequentially, as is frequently the case, the overall access time
can be reduced by using the page read and address auto-increment features of
the chip, which are explained in the EEPROM data sheet.

i2c using pic16f877

I see that you have made progress in solving your problem, I am very happy for you.

Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.