Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

AAARRGGGHH ! My Tek TDS2012 display isn't working

Status
Not open for further replies.

gizzmo

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I turned on my scope last night, and the display did not show the typical dark blue screen with language selection that comes up on powerup. This scope has a colour LCD screen, not a CRT. The screen colour is now a grayish/light blue, and stays that way for hours after I turn it on. The scope appears to be working though. I can push the help button and a front panel LED will activate, pushing default setup makes the LED go off. So internally, I think it's OK, it seems to be a display only problem. No improvement when I connected a probe to cal check terminal.

Some history. I work in my basement, and I haven't turned my scope on in a few months at least. I had a display problem once before, so I ran a hair dryer over its grill to heat everything up, problem solved ! I tried the hair dryer trick again, no go. I moved the scope upstairs and left it on for a few hours, no change, still the gray/bluish colour. I think the temp/humidity of my basement is causing my woes.

I am freaking right now, does anyone have any advice/similar experience on this series of scopes. Please make some suggestions before I have to cave in and take it to a service shop.

Much thanks,
gizzmo

I downloaded the service manual which had a good troubleshooting flowchart. The main board was bad, $450US to get a replacement module from Tek. This scope is simple to repair, everything is modular. Power supply is discrete components, the rest is surface mount. Very pricy to get boards, but a very nice scope to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back