Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Tips for starting a board bring-up and debugging it

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikaskumar1983

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi

I hav just received the manufactured board with all components mounted. Now I need to start the board bring-up and debugging but I have no idea about it. I request you to please forward me some document related to this to which I can read and can do board bring-up.

I have BDI2000 high speed JTAG interface device.

Please help.

Thanks
Vikas
e-con infotech, INDIA

Re: Board bring-up

Hi,

I found this, maybe it is what you are looking for

**broken link removed**

There is a link to "Manuals", that it have a lot of information.

Regards.

Board bring-up

Unless you tell us more about your board, probably nobody can help you.

Re: Board bring-up

yeah,post your schematics & its application here,someone will sure enlighten you on that,by step by step testing procedures :D

Regards,

Ramesh

Board bring-up

there are some general things, like:

1. check if the components are with correct polarity (visual check)
2.check the solderings with a stereo optical microscope (20x-40x magnification), especially on the fine-pitch IC pins. and fix with soldering iron
3. measure short-circuits with a multimeter on all of the power rails. (some cpu cores seem to be short circ, but they are not)
4. connect a lab-power supply with current limit, and measure the current. turn on for a short time and check if the current is normal/abnormal.
5. check crystals and oscillators with a scope. (sine wave should be on crystal pins)
6.check buses with scope, if there is a traffic. especially those buses what are involved in boot.
7. any further depends on your system/board architecture.

go to next step only if theere is no error on the previous step.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back